"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith,
who for the joy set before him endured the cross." Hebrews 12:2

Friday, March 27, 2009

Man of Many Faces

Gavin cracks me up!  He's so funny.  He has these things that he does.  Like he points his finger out with his hand close to his face and makes the goofiest experession!  He holds this pose for a little while and then releases and laughs!  He especially loves to do this with my mom, but he will pretty much do it with whoever will remind him of this "cool" trick.  Who knows how he thought this up?  This morning he brought me my camera and said, "Mama, cheese."  So I took some pictures of him... food on his face, runny nose, and all...  My silly sweet little boy!

Here's his "trick"  Usually his eyes are open but not with the flash from the camera.




The many faces of my silly silly boy!  I'm lovin' this age and learning about Gavin's interpretation of the world!  His take on life is too cute!  

When he's sad he comes to me (or Joe) and says, "Mommy, hold you!" when he wants to be picked up.  

He has full conversations with Doodles... asking him lots of questions--fully expecting a reply.  Doodles just stares at him.  Blinking.

When we were out on a walk and Gav wanted to go by the pond and canals here behind our condo.  He started throwing a fit when I told him we couldn't go walk by the water, so I explained to him that there were alligators in that water that would bite him, and mommy, and Doodles.  I made sure to explain to him that, like the song he loves to sing, the alligators would "SNAP!" and it would be ouchies.  Gavin's eyes were huge and then he wanted to re-in-act the clapping and yelling "SNAP!" over and over again.  Now he randomly grabs onto my face with his little hands and says, "Adergator in da water.  NAP!  Bite you mama!" in this quiet low voice.  When Ariel took him down to the pool the other day he came back saying, "No Aldergator in da pool!"  Ha!  I guess I should specify exactly what water is dangerous before I traumatize my child into obedience!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What sweat pictures of his little face! Thank you for posting them. Love, Mom B