Yesterday was Joe's day off so we decided to do something fun as a family! We went with Jason, Erin, & Logan to The Pumpkin Patch! It was so much fun! They had bounce houses, hay rides, little wagons, and of course pumpkins! The best part is that it was free! In the end we bought a pumpkin for $8 and had a wonderful afternoon together! Enjoy the pictures!
Gav and the pumpkins! (bounce houses in the background)

He loves to try to pick up heavy things... apparently it's in his blood!


Searching for "the one!"

QTs

Smile Logan!

Gavin, loving every second of time with Daddy!

Gavin figured out how to jump! He kind of knew how to before, but I guess he thought he perfected his technique because we couldn't get him out of here!



He would go into deep concentration mode, squat down, and then pop straight up and down into the air! It was fun to watch! It's funny how after you're a parent it's so much fun to watch your child have fun! I guess you could say it's become a hobby of ours!

I couldn't believe the boys wanted to tackle this big blow up obstacle course! It was big!

There is little Logan all the way at the top!

After watching Logan, Gavin bravely scaled the at least 12 foot wall.

Yay! So proud!

Conquered the wall and ready to slide the slide...

...or maybe not because poor Gavin ended up doing flips and cartwheels all the way down! Joe and I couldn't stop laughing!!! (don't worry, he was fine)

A soft landing...the only thing hurt was his pride and dignity. :)

Daddy to the rescue!

He didn't want sympathy for very long before he was off to try again. I guess he couldn't let that slide win!

Brave Logan


Weeeee! This time it was fun!

Farm Boys! (kind of)


The Bergers!

The Schaefers!

So nice to have such a good friend! Not sure what I'd do without my Erin! :)

I had to quick take the picture before Logan mistook another little pumpkin for a ball! He was having fun chucking them, as you can tell by the grin on his face!

They had tons of these cute little red wagons to help you carry your perfect pumpkin!

The boys enjoyed testing their strength!

Gavin came to me with this and said "Mommy 'ower." How sweet! My first flower!


A slight tussle about who will be in control of the wagon!

Gavin's pumpkin gets a nice ride!
We had a great family day! I'll post pictures of the pumpkin carving and finished product whenever that takes place too! Should be fun! The only real down side to the day was when I was attacked by fire ants! I felt my feet burning and stinging and looked down to see fire ants all over my feet, toes, and sandals! It really hurt! I always have a reaction to them and the bites turn into welts! I think I counted 30 bites on my feet!!! Ouch! Not fun! We ended up stopping to get some benadryl on our way to lunch. Thank goodness! The bites are still driving me crazy though! I'll be very glad when they are gone.Any way, tomorrow Joe's mom is coming for a visit! We're excited! We've been trying to get Gavin to say "Grandma" legibly. So far no luck. He's got the two syllable thing down, and that's it! Maybe by the time Grandma leaves he will be able to say it.
I think we'll go to the park on Friday, and then Joe and I might be able to sneak in a date! Yay! It will be very nice to have her in town and goodness knows she needs a break from her busy stressful life!
I'm sure I'll post some Gavin Grandma pics! Until next time! Miss you all!
3 comments:
You're so sweet! The pics turned out so good - we'll have to go back and let them play in the bouncehouses again. Hope your feet start feeling better soon.
Those boys are crazy!! Can't believe they both scaled that wall! I laughed out loud, poor Gavers! :) Hopefully I will be getting the first of many pumpkins for the season this weekend. Fortunately my friend Chris, from work, is growing pumpkins I don't think I could tackle the other patch with out ya! Too scary ;)
Hi Abby. I have a site started but not much on it yet. These pictures are great!!
Post a Comment