"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith,
who for the joy set before him endured the cross." Hebrews 12:2

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gavin vs. Winter

It has been mighty chilly here and it's only going to get colder the next few days!  They said schools might have to cancel if the wind chill drops down too low--kids would be in danger waiting outside for the bus to pick them up!  Crazy!  The sign at the bank said 7 degrees today and it feels colder with the wind.  Brrr!  Winter sure is pretty though!  The other night we noticed a ring around the moon, because it was so cold out!  It has been snowing on and off the past couple of weeks, and it's been fun watching Gavin's reaction to it!  My mom & I took him for a walk and he must have been snuggie warm in all his winter attire, because he didn't want to come back in!  We got to the door of my parent's house and he said, "More walk?  More walk?"  and did the sign for "more" with his little mitten encased hands!  Ha!  

Enjoy the beautiful snowy pictures!

I took a picture of the news' weather forecast before the cold front came in.  It was still pretty cold though!
Gav in his gear...
My parent's dog, Riley, is super wooly!  He LOVES the snow and is pretty miserable in even our cooler Michigan summers!  He often lays his belly right on a big pile of snow!  Anyway, Riley & Doodles are best buddies!  They play together and despite their size difference--which it doesn't seem like either one of them notice--they have lots of fun!

Here's Gavin--ready to tackle winter!

In his cute little sled!
Isn't this a pretty picture of my parent's house?  It's such a cute house and the location couldn't be more pretty and peaceful, no matter the season!
Looking down my parent's driveway towards the road...
...and then I turned around and looked back at the house for this picture.  My parent's house is set way off the road in the woods.  It's so nice.  If you want to go outside in your pj's--you can!  Ha!

Gav in his sled...
I took some cute pictures of him while he laughed at the dogs who were playing!


Doodles didn't want to cooperate with me for the picture...
My mom helping Gavin walk in the snow--it was pretty deep for him!
From this part of the driveway you can just barely see my parents house through the woods.
Nana & Gavin

The dogs:  Riley--excited to be in the snow, and Doodles--excited to get back to the house and out of the snow! :)
Poor Doods doesn't have much of a coat on.  He does this funny limping thing in the snow.  I guess he doesn't want to put any more paws in the snow then he absolutely has to, because he always holds one of his back legs up and hops on the other one!  It's hilarious!  However the first time he did this I freaked out thinking he hurt his paw!  Nope.  Just our silly dog!

Riley, panting in the snow...
...and then there's Doodles who has had enough of the cold and is anxiously waiting to go inside! :)  Both dogs are very different and yet they're best buds!  It's sweet!
In the back yard is my parent's pool.  Anyone for a swim?
The birds don't seem to mind the snow either!  I got some good shots of a cute little chickity at the bird feeder...

I love how the snow highlights all the branches...
Gavin, armed and dangerous, with his mittens on!
Driving on bad roads freaks me out, but aside from that I really do enjoy winter!  Our Sunday School class was talking about going sledding sometime this winter, and I should also make a snowman to dedicate to all of my Texan friends, right guys?  Hope you're all enjoying your winter too!  

1 comment:

Danelle said...

Super cute picture of Gav...I want a couple!! The boy sure does love the out doors.