"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith,
who for the joy set before him endured the cross." Hebrews 12:2

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hello Again!

We are in Florida now, which means... INTERNET!!!! Yay!!!!

I thought I would post some of my favorite pictures of Blake and Blake & Gavin. Wish I could get more photography practice on Gavin... sadly he's become wise to the camera and runs, pouts, hides from me as soon as he sees my Canon! Lucky for me, Blake stays where I put him... for now, and I am taking advantage of the practice I'm getting!

We LOVE this little guy SO MUCH! I have to be honest--it has been a bit rough-- he's pretty colic-y. Some days he cries and cries! Very hard for my mommy heart to take! I brought him into the pediatrician just the other day hoping there would be some solution to the problem. The doctor said it's human nature to want to fix everything and sometimes there really isn't a solution, you just have to wait it out. We just wanted to make sure there wasn't something wrong that we were missing. He reassured me though that Blake is perfect and that the issues of colic and constipation are very typical for newborns. He said we just have to wait it out and before we know it Blake will grow out of it. Until then, it's frustrating and exhausting! Regardless, Blake is a sweet sweet baby! He's cuddly and takes great comfort in hearing our voices-- Joe's, Gavin's and mine! He's just the most precious little guy and we cannot express how happy we are to call him ours!!! God is so good!!!

I hope to post pictures of my time with the birth mom in the hospital soon, but for now I decided to skip right to the present! Hope you enjoy the pictures...



These two adore each other! I love to see this bonding take place! All three of us were very ready for baby #2! Gavin hasn't even shown any signs of jealousy! He sings to Blake, wants to hold him, brings him toys and tells him all about them! He tells everyone--every waitress, check-out clerk, stranger or friend-- about his baby brother. He's proud and can't wait for Blake to play with him! Blake is very entertained by Gavin and stares at Gav every chance he gets. He really works hard at focusing on Gavin even when Gav is zooming by him. When Blake cries, even Gavin tries to fix it! Joe & I have really enjoyed watching our boys together and we're so proud of Gavin!

(I was having so much fun with different editing techniques!)




Blake is so close to REALLY smiling!!!









I am so thankful for the sweet boys God has put in my life! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS PICS, ABBY!!!! Love them. Especially the one of Blake yawning in Gav's arms. 2 beautiful sweet little boys - such a blessing. Wish they could play with Logan and Luke. :) Post more!!!!!!!!
--Erin

Anonymous said...

Abby those are great pictures!!! You can totally take my kids pictures when I have em!!! I can't believe how big Blake has gotten sence I last saw him... And gavin is like a little man... They are so cute together!!! Miss you guys

Love ariel... A super happy aunt!!!!

Danelle said...

I LOVE LOVE this pics. They look really good! I really like the one with Blake with the squares around him.

I miss you guys :( Both my sweet little nephews are getting bigger and older by the minute. Wish I could be there to help...Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures and cute boys Abby. You need to change your "About Me" section so it reflects you addition. Hope all is well.
-Manda

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures - I've been checking everyday! I love the picture of the two boys looking at each other. Looks like it won't be long and Blake will be smiling. What an answer to prayer. Love ya! Mom B.

Becky, Phil and Hayden said...

Your boys are SO precious! Those pictures are great and that's great to hear that Gavin is doing so well with the new addition! I'm sorry you're having to deal with him being colicky. Hayden was that way and it was really really tough. It will pass!! I like Hyland's Colic Tablets and children's/baby probiotics. I'd add the probiotics to his formula. That seemed to help Hayden quite a bit. Hang in there!