"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith,
who for the joy set before him endured the cross." Hebrews 12:2

Friday, November 14, 2008

Love Sweet Love

So it is a fact that my son is in love.  At this young tender age you wouldn't think he knew the meaning of the word, but it's true.  Gavin is in love with... ELMO!  Today he was watching Elmo: Two Hands, Two Feet, Two Ears and he was laying on the couch like this...
If you sing "Lalalala, Lalalala," and then pause Gavin sings, "Emo's wooddd." (Elmo's world) Our family all got a kick out of that this past weekend!  

Today we got Gavin an Elmo potty (or "pobby" as Gav calls it).  I think we are beginning to see potty training on the horizon!  Scary.  I know he's not quite ready, but it's coming.  While I was changing his diaper today he said, "Uh-oh Mommy poopoo," and then proceeded to pee!  He knows before he does it!  That's one of the first signs for sure!  Scary.  And all that Joe and I can think of is that it would be a horribly long drive from Texas back to Michigan this winter if we had to do it with a freshly potty trained child!  Lets hope he holds off progress just a little bit! :)

3 comments:

Heather Dear said...

We always travel with a little potty when we go too far in case we have an emergency where there are no bathrooms (or at least sanitary ones). :) Micah's been asking to sit on the "PotPot" for a few weeks now - no action but progress. I should probably get the little one out for him, but have just been popping him on ours.

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute picture! Mom Berger

Danelle said...

Super Cute picture! I love that boy! :)