So, I have some fun news... Gavin went pee pee in the potty!!! Yay! But before you guys get to impressed (because I know you just did a victory dance over the great importance of this accomplishment), I should probably tell you that it was kind of a coincidence. I was changing his diaper, when suddenly--like many little boys do--he began to pee!!! "Gavin!" I said--more out of reaction than anything else, "No don't pee!" and he stopped! So then I really didn't know what to do... I said, "Do you want to go pee pee in the potty?" "Pobby." replied the boy. We hurried into the bathroom where I promptly plopped him on the pot. He was stunned for a second and then, to my joy, began to pee!!! Yay! I praised him for his grand accomplishment and then he received some Smarties. It's a small step, but at least it's a step in the right direction! Gavin has proven to us, to some degree, that he can control himself, but as far as being able to even begin to tell me when he needs to go... well, that's a long way off. Anyway, it's fun and cute to see the gears in his head turning. We're not in a hurry and trying to read his signals to see when he's ready, but so far we're kind of enjoying the process!(That's Gavin's Elmo potty pictured above. It's the smartest potty that I know of--as it speaks two languages--English and Spanish. Who knew Elmo was bilingual? Man, that puppet is the whole package!)
2 comments:
Abby, reading this, it sortta sounds like someone else isn't ready for her cute bundle of joy to be a big boy! I can't believe he's doing what he is doing, just from this and conversations we had when you were home, I think he's closer than you think. -Danelle(aka the master toddler room potty trainer)
PS love the potty! :)
So after being down there this is me eating my words..gulp..I do still think he's getting there. The interest is there. It is probable it was because we were there and he wasn't feeling well and blah blah blah :) Good luck with it all...your boy is a smarty and I think when he's ready it'll be easy.
Post a Comment