"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith,
who for the joy set before him endured the cross." Hebrews 12:2

Friday, September 18, 2009

First Carousel Ride

Now days, Gavin is LESS THAN A JOY to shop with.  He usually lasts 5 minutes, if that, before he is freaking out about something.  I've started doing an incentive system with him.  While in the car I lecture him about how he needs to be a good boy in the store and what it means to be a good boy.  Next we talk about what happens if he is not a good boy and how that makes mommy feel.  Finally I tell him that if he's a good boy there may be some sort of a reward at the end of our day.  This seems to be working 98% of the time.  Joe disagrees and says that he should be good even without the hopes of a treat at the end, but I say he's two... and this way is working most of the time, and since I have him in stores most of the time, tomayto, tomato, right?  When we went to the mall and Gavin was a good boy (because I reminded him of the treat if he's good), he enjoyed his first carousel ride!


He really didn't know what to think at first, but then he warmed up to it and seemed to enjoy himself!  Yay for bribing your child!!! :)

1 comment:

tallmorleys said...

I say, "yay for bribes!" I said I wouldn't, that my kids would behave and know how to act, or else. Yeah, right. Then I woke up and gave them candy. When he gets a little older, you can give him 3 pennies and let him hold them. If he's naughty, take one away. If he has one left at the end of the trip, he can ride the pony (that's at Meijer). If he has all 3 left, he can ride 3 times. You have to use quarters for the little rides at Walmart, but this REALLY works!