"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith,
who for the joy set before him endured the cross." Hebrews 12:2

Friday, September 18, 2009

My Brother's Wedding!!!

It's hard to believe that as of August 29th, my little brother is married!!! It was a very nice wedding, but unfortunately the weather was HORRIBLE! It was an outdoor wedding with no back up plan so there were lots of umbrellas and blankets at the ceremony. Regardless of the weather, Andrew & Ariel made a beautiful couple and it was truly a wonderful day. Gavin was the ring bearer and kept me hopping, but he did a great job. The ceremony was in the backyard of Ariel's parents house and the reception was at a hall. Sadly, Joe couldn't be there as he had practice all weekend. :( Enjoy some pictures of their special day...


(Sorry they're in a really random order!)


The happy couple...
Getting down on the dance floor...
Here are the bouquets I made! I was pretty proud of myself... I hadn't worked with real flowers before and I picked the flowers from Ariel's mom's garden and put the bouquets together 4-hours before the wedding began!!! Ariel loved them, so that's what matters!!! :)
The happy couple running down the aisle after the ceremony...
My dad officiated their ceremony. Though it was short, it was touching and beautiful, and both the bride and groom cried during their vows...
Gavin and Azlynn (the cutest flower girl ever!) and us mommies getting ready to walk down the aisle...
It was so rainy that the wedding party had to stand under a big patio umbrella while they waited to walk down the aisle...
Beautiful Bride...
At the reception...
Mother/Son dance (You can tell my mom loves to boogie, she's very light on her feet)...
Ariel and two of her sisters...
It was so rainy outside we had to take pictures in the livingroom...
My handsome boy playing before the ceremony...
With my brother & new sister! :)

How cute are these two couples!?!
I was standing behind the photographer jumping up and saying "BOO!" A real winner with the two year olds, and it made Ariel smile too! :)

Doesn't my mom look so nice? Everyone else looks nice too, but we have been looking for an outfit for my mom since March!!! She also tried making two different dresses and both were a flop! Thursday before the wedding we finally found the jacket and on Friday she made a skirt to go with it! CRAZY! But it payed off because she received lots of compliments, and no one could believe that she put the outfit together the day before!
I love Gavin's "I am missing my nap" face...

I made my brother's boutonniere, but it would not cooperate and ended up biting the dust sometime during the receiving line. But at least it made it though the ceremony and some pictures!!!
Andrew has the weirdest friends!!!



Making the best of the weather...






Three hours before the wedding, working on making the bouquets...
Still making the bouquets...
Me and my chins are still making the bouquets...
The dress...
Pre-wedding necessities...
Okay, these are very out of sequence, but this was so funny. When my brother took the guarder off of his bride he did this break-dance. The whole room was laughing hysterically!



Cutting the cake...


There's my babies...
Andrew, despite the 200+ guests, was being his goofy self all night...
I made a scrapbook for all of the guests to write little notes to the bride & groom. It was a big hit and fun to read what everyone wrote...
The cake topper...
Everyone, including my dad, was all choked up during the ceremony...
The family...
(Not sure what's up with that face my dad is making. I thought he was happy???)
The day before the wedding my dad folded all 200+ napkins for the guests. It looked so nice! (He used to be a buttler, and he did the same for my wedding! I loved it and so did the guests!)
Also in the picture are the wedding favors. Ariel and I made little soaps for all of the guests. The soaps smelled like sweet pea (YUM!) and had a tag on them that said, "A Little Something for You" (Erin- It was embossed!!!)
Me trying to keep Gavin happy before his debut...
So cute!




See the little puff ball of flowers that the flower girls mommy is holding? I made it for the little flower girl. It had pretty green butterflies floating on the flowers. Ya, she loved it until it was time to walk down the aisle. Then she refused to carry it! Two-year-olds. What can you do?

Andrew is a silly goose...


Told ya...

It was a very nice day and I'm so happy to have a new sis! Welcome to the family, Ariel!!!

4 comments:

Ashley M. said...

Great pictures! and beautiful wedding! I love the picture (towards the end) of you and Gavin :)
Miss you friend!

Ariel, your new sister!!! said...

I love this! arnt the pictures great? it was a cold junky fun day and i wouldnt trade it for the world. i cant wait for you to come home! I miss all the wedding stuff....

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Abby. LOVE the embossing, of course. Beautiful couple.

Anonymous said...

the rain actually made for some beautiful and unique pictures. Love the brightly colored umbrellas. Their attitudes were in the right place; some girls would have freaked!