"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith,
who for the joy set before him endured the cross." Hebrews 12:2

Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Shot a Turkey!

We were enjoying breakfast with Joe's grandparents around our dinning room table one morning when Joe noticed a big tom turkey in our field!  He was gobbling and calling to a near by hen.  He would fluff up and strut around.  I thought it was pretty funny that the hen seemed to really care less, but he was bound and determined to impress her.  I was waiting for it to turn from a family show to an R-rated one, but thankfully they kept it clean! :)  It was really cool to watch and I got some great shots... with my camera.


He would fluff up and dance around in a circle...
Then he'd relax and peck at the ground, but then he'd puff right back up, just in case she was looking!
Here's the lucky lady...
Look at his long beard hanging down from his chest.  Apparently that's a sort of prized possession in turkey hunting.
The turkeys ventured right off our back deck.  You can see him--the little spot in the clearing of trees...
Gotta love nature!  Also, one night when we pulled in the driveway at our barn, Joe shined the lights of his truck in our woods and field.  He said, "Any deer?"  I said, "No, we never get to see them."  Just as the last word left my mouth a huge deer sprinted across our driveway--right in front of the truck!!!  Maybe I should be pessimistic more often! :)

No comments: