1 day ago
Monday, May 4, 2009
talk talk talk talk talk
Gavin has always been a talker. Even when he was a tiny baby I could never sit through a church service because he would always want to talk! Just in the past 3 or so days, he has jumped in leaps and bounds up the speech ladder. He uses as many scentences as he can as often as he can. For example, he brought me his sippy cup and said, "Mommy, I need more juice in here." In the bath tub when he wanted me to help him draw with his tub crayons he said, "Mommy color with the yellow cayon, Mommy." He has also started saying, "I poopy, Mommy." If he's sad and he wants to be picked up he says "Mommy hold you!" because I would ask him, "Do you want mommy to hold you?" When daddy leaves in the morning its, "Daddy had to go to work, Mommy." as if he is reasuring me that daddy is indeed gone, but it's going to be okay and he will come back soon. He often asks Doodles questions or bosses him around. Last night he was snacking on some crackers and he informed Doodles, "Nope. Not for you, Doodles. Nope." all while shaking his head. A lot of the time now he adds "Okay" at the end, like, "I watchin Elmo, okay Mommy? Okay?" Even when no one else is talking he wants to talk. As I'm writing this he is saying, "Where my sippy go, Mommy? Upstairs Mommy? I go get it, okay Mommy?" Ha! He cracks me up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can not WAIT to hear his little voice! :)
Watch out! Ethan was a talker like that at that age, and he's never stopped...EVER! He stayed at my parent's house over the weekend it was SO quiet here! We almost didn't know what to talk about without him here to dominate the conversation!
Ha! That's funny--and makes a lot of sense, Sarah! Maybe they'll grow up to be pastors or motivational speakers or something like that. I just figure it's my dad in him! :) How are you doing, Sarah? Is being a mommy of 3 insane? I miss your blog posts! Hope you're doing okay.
Post a Comment